Tuesday, March 18, 2008

PHOENIX WAS IN THE HOSPITAL!




Phoenix gave me quite a scare last week...I get home from work and about to make dinner, I turn around and he is spitting out some pink stuff in the trash, So I said, what do you have.? I noticed he had a Benadryl bottle in his hand, and it's open and all the pills were GONE! He apparently got into my purse, and was able to get the " CHILD PROOF CAP " , off, needless to say, he was eating them like CANDY! The first thing that came to mind was to call POISON CONTROL..They advised me to leave my house in 2 minutes and rush him 2 the nearest hospital! I had NO IDEA HOW MANY HE INGESTED! I get there and they have to monitor him for 6 long hours..at that time I was exhausted from already working 8 hours....but I wanted to right next to my baby boy the whole time...NEXT...they had him drink LIQUID CHARCOAL MIXED WITH CHOCOLATE MILK, this kills the toxics in his intestines and he either vomits or when he goes to take a DOOKIE OOKIE...it comes out! So his poop has been BLACK! AFTER having to drink the yuckie stuff but will make him better, he passed out for about 2 hours! When he woke up he was VERY GROGGY..VERY AGITATED..AND JUST IN A BAD MOOD..I told the doctor he was not acting like his " USUAL UPBEAT SELF", SO THEY CONTINUED TO MONITOR HIM! ABOUT 2 HOURS LATER...HE IS SINGING THRILLER BY MICHAEL JACKSON AND DANGEROUS, AND I LOVE YOU BY JORDIN SPARKS....Finally....he is back to himself! I was sooo worried..THERE IS A PHRASE THAT GOES LIKE THIS, " ALL WHO IS WELL, ENDS UP WELL. " I do not leave medicines in my purse any longer because of incident that happened. The doctor who took care of Phoenix handed the bottle over to Poison Control whom is going to Contact the President of the company that makes BENADRYL...The bottle was supposed to be CHILD PROOF BUT WAS NOT! IF A CHILD WAS ABLE TO GET INTO THE BOTTLE, THEN IT'S NOT CHILD PROOF! THANK GOD MY BABY IS OKAY!



























1 comments:

5 little greenbeans said...

Awe Tina!
(((((((( big hugs)))))))))
I know how very scary that was for you, especially with him being your "baby"
I would have been freaking out!
Poor little guy, but Im so glad you found him when you did, and got the the ER right away!!!
I couldnt imagine!
I'd have had a panick attack all the way to the hospital!
xoxoxox to you both!

P.s. even though your little man was so sick, he's still adorable in the pictures.........makes me wanna scoop him up and hug him!